from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who takes a position in the political center; a moderate.
- adj. Marked by or adhering to a moderate political view: "The deep pool of centrist opinion in the country, that essential guarantee against violent political upheavals, is being dangerously shaken” ( New York Times).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or advocating centrism.
- n. A person who advocates centrism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the German Reichstag or Imperial Parliament, one of the members of the so-called Center or Ultramontane party.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. supporting or pursuing a course of action that is neither liberal nor conservative
- n. a person who takes a position in the political center
Sorry, no etymologies found.