from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not seeking or producing a profit or profits: a nonprofit organization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not seeking to produce a profit (a financial gain).
- n. An organization that exists for reasons other than to make a profit, such as a charitable, educational or service organization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not commercially motivated
- n. an organization chartered for other than profit-making activities
non- + profit. (Wiktionary)