from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not subject to taxation, as the capital or income of a philanthropic organization.
- adj. Producing interest that is exempt from income tax: tax-exempt bonds.
- n. A tax-exempt security.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing something that is not taxed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of goods or funds) not taxed
- n. a security that is not subject to taxation
Sorry, no etymologies found.