from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being called: a dog not callable by any name.
- adj. Subject to being redeemed at the demand of the issuer: callable bonds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That can be called.
- adj. That may be redeemed by its holder before it matures.
- n. A callable bond.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. subject to a demand for payment or redemption before the due date; -- of financial instruments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. subject to a demand for payment before due date
Sorry, no etymologies found.