from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Empowered to advise: an advisory committee.
- adj. Relating to or containing advice, especially a warning: an advisory memorandum regarding airworthiness.
- n. A report giving information, especially a warning: a weather advisory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to give advice.
- adj. Containing advice; advising.
- n. A warning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having power to advise; containing advice
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or giving advice; having power to advise: as, their opinion is only advisory; an advisory council.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. giving advice
- n. an announcement that usually advises or warns the public of some threat
advisor + -y (Wiktionary)