from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Expressing admonition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an admonition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That conveys admonition; warning or reproving.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing admonition; tending or serving to admonish: as, “admonitory of duty,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving to warn
- adj. expressing reproof or reproach especially as a corrective
Sorry, no etymologies found.