from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to dissuade, or divert form a measure or purpose; dehortatory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to dissuade or divert from a measure or purpose; dehortatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to dissuade or divert from a purpose; dehortatory.
- n. Argument or advice employed to deter one from a measure or purpose; that which is intended or tends to divert from any purpose or course of action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deterring from action
Sorry, no etymologies found.