from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving to dismiss.
- adj. Showing indifference or disregard: a dismissive shrug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing disregard, indicating rejection, serving to dismiss.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Giving dismission.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Giving dismission; dismissory: as, “the dismissive writing,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing indifference or disregard
- adj. stopping to associate with
Sorry, no etymologies found.