from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Manifesting or feeling contempt; scornful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. showing contempt; expressing disdain; showing a lack of respect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Manifesting or expressing contempt or disdain; scornful; haughty; insolent; disdainful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Manifesting or expressing contempt or disdain; scornful: said of actions or feelings: as, contemptuous language or manner.
- Apt to despise; contumelious; haughty; insolent: said of persons.
- Worthy of contempt; contemptible.
- Synonyms Disdainful, supercilious, cavalier, contumelious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expressing extreme contempt
Sorry, no etymologies found.