from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing scorn or disrespect; contemptuous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of scorn or contempt; contemptuous; disdainful.
- adj. Treated with scorn; exciting scorn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of scorn or contempt; contemptuous; disdainful; insolent.
- Provoking or exciting scorn or contempt; appearing as an object of scorn.
- Synonyms See scorn, v.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expressing extreme contempt
Sorry, no etymologies found.