from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a clan.
- adj. Inclined to cling together as a group and exclude outsiders.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, of related to a clan.
- adj. Socially exclusive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a clan; closely united, like a clan; disposed to associate only with one's clan or clique; actuated by the traditions, prejudices, habits, etc., of a clan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a clan; closely united, like a clan; disposed to adhere closely, as the members of a clan.
- Imbued with the prejudices, feelings, sentiments, etc., peculiar to clans; somewhat narrow or restricted in range of social interest and feeling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of a clan especially in being unified
- adj. befitting or characteristic of those who incline to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people considered inferior
clan + -ish (Wiktionary)