from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Wary; careful: a cagey avoidance of a definite answer.
- adj. Crafty; shrewd: a cagey lawyer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. wary, careful, shrewd
- adj. uncommunicative; unwilling or hesitant to give information.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by great caution and wariness
- adj. showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)