from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by invention.
- adj. Adept or skillful at inventing; creative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to invention.
- adj. Creative, or skilful at inventing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Able and apt to invent; quick at contrivance; ready at expedients.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to invention; characterized by or manifesting original contrivance.
- Able to invent; quick at contriving; ready at expedients.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of persons or artifacts) marked by independence and creativity in thought or action
Sorry, no etymologies found.