from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to infants or infancy.
- adj. Displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; childish: infantile behavior; an infantile remark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to infants.
- adj. Childish; immature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to infancy, or to an infant; similar to, or characteristic of, an infant; childish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or belonging to infants or little children; pertaining to or characteristic of infancy or an infant.
- Of the character of an infant; infant-like.
- In geology, of a land form, having been subjected to the processes of erosion, in its present relation to base-level, for a very short lime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. indicating a lack of maturity
- adj. of or relating to infants or infancy
- adj. being or befitting or characteristic of an infant
Middle English infantil, from Latin īnfantīlis, from īnfāns, īnfant-, infant; see infant.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)