from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to newborn infants or an infant: neonatal care; neonatal disorders.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the period of time immediately following birth, or to the newborn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to a neonate.
- adj. newly born; recently born.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the new-born; of recent birth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or affecting the infant during the first month after birth
neo- + natal. (Wiktionary)