from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or accompanying birth: natal injuries.
- adj. Of or associated with the time or place of one's birth: a natal star.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to birth
- adj. Of or relating to the buttocks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to one's birth; accompying or dating from one's birth; native.
- adj. Presiding over nativity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to one's birth; connected with or dating from one's birth.
- Presiding over birthdays or nativities.
- Native; own; original.
- Synonyms Natural, etc. See native.
- n. A person's nativity; birthday.
- Pertaining to the nates or buttocks; gluteal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a port city in northeastern Brazil
- adj. relating to or accompanying birth
- n. a region of eastern South Africa on the Indian Ocean
- adj. of or relating to the buttocks
Middle English, from Latin nātālis, from nātus, past participle of nāscī, to be born; see genə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin nātālis ("natal"), from nasci ("to be born") (Wiktionary)
From Latin natis ("rump"), plural nates (Wiktionary)