American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The sun.
- n. The local day (cycle of light and darkness) on another planet; that on Mars, the synodical rotation period of which is 24 hours, 39 minutes, 35 seconds.
- n. The Sun
- n. Roman mythology The sun god; equivalent of the Greek Helios. Brother of Luna and Aurora.
- n. Norse mythology The sun goddess.
- n. A diminutive of the male given name Solomon.
- Shortening. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Latin sōl; see sāwel- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Then, as something had to be done, I took hold of her hands and placed them differently; I got out of temper, I called out "_Sol, Sol, Sol_, Miss, it is a _Sol_.”
“Having rescued Rebel strategist Jorin Sol from the Empire, Luke Skywalker now leads X-Wing attack runs on Imperial convoys to rustle up much needed supplies for the Rebel fleet.”
“He was probably based on the Fleming villain Sol “Horror” Horowitz, in the novel, The Spy Who Loved Me (1962).”
“Speaking of food, breakfast at Casa del Sol is not to be missed.”
“So what if "we" did it or if old Sol is merely going into a hotter cycle, it doesn't matter.”
“One of the constables I drew to the life; nor did I forget a certain Sol”
“Coincidentally, the plaza is called Sol, which means "sun," a useful double entendre for people calling for government transparency.”
“Sol is obviously incensed, but responds below in a much more elegant way than I would.”
“Sol is a far too interesting character to introduce so late in the book.”
“Villas del Sol is the second community that has captured space in the blogosphere this summer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Sol’.
With the exception of abbreviations and mosaic words all types of words (proper names, past tense of verbs, etc.) are allowed.
A list of mythological gods that people have worshipped throughout history (includes primordial dieties).
They can be animate or inanimate (male or female). 1 syllable words
Looking for tweets for Sol.