American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Nudism.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine, a view which attributes everything to nature.
- n. Worship of the powers of nature: same as nature-worship.
- n. The belief in or practice of going nude or unclad in social and usually mixed-gender groups, specifically either in cultures where this is not the norm or for health reasons.
- n. The belief or doctrine that attributes everything to nature as a sanative agent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) The belief or doctrine that attributes everything to nature as a sanative agent.
- n. going without clothes as a social practice
“- Going without clothes on beaches and other vacation spots is commonly called naturism - a description that implies helping the planet, as some practitioners claim to be doing.”
“Nudism, or "naturism" as it is today more properly called, has a long and distinguished history.”
“Looking for an extra gig to fill my schedule, I stumbled on this ad from Craigslist: Yoga Instructor (Midtown West) Date: 2009-11-02, 11: 49AM EST We are an independent video production company focusing on spirituality and naturism.”
“We are an independent video production company focusing on spirituality and naturism.”
“The embarrassment and shame over body parts are avoidable, and the sense of freedom in nudity may remain, through the philosophy and practice of naturism.”
“This will, he told the Ilford Recorder afterwards, "prevent him from practising naturism in his house".”
“Most of them are happy to partake in a bit of youthful exhibitionism, but are turned off by full militant naturism.”
“Still, they can take some comfort from the fact that the title was by far the most interesting thing about this documentary because there isn't actually very much to say about naturism beyond most people looking better with their clothes on.”
“According to a story in Dutch daily De Telegraaf, Dutch nudists who are Christians live in constant fear of having their love of naturism exposed.”
““Overall there is a lack of understanding for naturism; certainly where the churches in our country are concerned.””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘naturism’.
Looking for tweets for naturism.