from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, connected with, or occurring during childbirth or the period immediately following childbirth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to or associated with childbirth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to childbirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to childbirth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or connected with or occurring at the time of childbirth or shortly following, or to the woman who has just given birth
From Latin puerper, a woman in childbed : puer, child, boy; see pau-1 in Indo-European roots + parere, to bear; see -parous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From New Latin puerperalis, from Latin puerpera ("woman in childbirth"), from puer ("boy") + pariō ("I bear"). (Wiktionary)