from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Very recently born: a newborn baby.
- adj. Born anew: newborn courage.
- n. A neonate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. recently born.
- adj. born anew, reborn.
- n. A recently born baby.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Recently born.
- n. A baby recently born, usually less than one month old; a neonate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Just born, or very lately born.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a baby from birth to four weeks
- adj. recently born
- adj. having just or recently arisen or come into existence
Sorry, no etymologies found.