from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no living mother.
- adj. Having no known mother.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without a living mother.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of a mother; having lost a mother.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Destitute of a mother; having lost a mother: as, motherless children.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no living or known mother
Sorry, no etymologies found.