from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no living father.
- adj. Having no known father.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without a living father.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of a living father.
- adj. Without a known author.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without a living father: as, a fatherless child.
- Springing from an orphaned condition.
- Without a known author.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not having a known or legally responsible father
- adj. having no living father
From father + -less (Wiktionary)