from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. First in order of birth; born first.
- n. The child in a family who is born first.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The first child to be born to a parent or family.
- adj. Born as the first one in a family, flock or the like.
- adj. Most excellent; most distinguished or exalted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The first child born to a parent.
- adj. First brought forth; first in the order of birth; eldest; hence, most excellent; most distinguished or exalted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- First brought forth; first in the order of birth; eldest: as, the first-born son.
- Hence Most excellent; most distinguished or exalted.
- n. The first-born child; hence, the first result or product.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the offspring who came first in the order of birth
- adj. first in order of birth
first + born (Wiktionary)