from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past participle of swear.
- adj. Having been asserted as true under oath: sworn statements by witnesses.
- adj. Bound or empowered by an oath: a sworn official.
- adj. Avowed: a sworn friend.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Given under oath.
- v. Past participle of swear
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- p. p. of swear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Past participle of swear; as an adjective, bound by or as by an oath.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bound by or as if by an oath
- adj. bound by or stated on oath
Sorry, no etymologies found.