from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable for marriage: of marriageable age.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. suitable for marriage; nubile
- n. One who is suitable for marriage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fit for, or capable of, marriage; of an age at which marriage is allowable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of marrying; fit or competent to marry; of an age suitable for marriage: as, a marriageable man or woman; a person of marriageable age or condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of girls or women who are eligible to marry
Sorry, no etymologies found.