American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To cross (a hybrid) with one of its parents or with an individual genetically identical to one of its parents.
- n. The act of making such a cross.
- n. An individual resulting from such a cross.
- v. genetics To cross a hybrid with one of its parents
- n. The act of such a crossing
- n. An individual produced by such a crossing
- n. juggling Alternative form of back cross.
- v. mate a hybrid of the first generation with one of its parents
“Moreover, testicular histology of F1 and backcross males showed in some cases a breakdown in spermatogenesis.”
“Genome-wide and additional fine mapping of backcross mice, derived from C3H”
“At Cataloochee, researchers are using the backcross method to breed a new tree that is blight resistant but has the dominant characteristics of the original American chestnut.”
“Inheritance of oilseed rape (Brassica napus) RAPD markers in a backcross progeny with Brassica camestris.”
“RPS15, while the backcross with the NHP2+, rps15-1 strain yielded a viable diploid strain.”
“MAT locus as evidenced by analyzing tetrads obtained from the initial backcross to rps15-1 (data not shown).”
“By analyzing DNA sequences of two single-copy nuclear genes and the genomic AFLP data, we assess the allopolyploid origin of A. collina-4x from ancestors corresponding to A. setacea-2x and A. asplenifolia-2x, and the ongoing backcross introgression between these diploid progenitor and tetraploid progeny lineages.”
“In contrast, A. collina-4x and its suspected backcross plants show homeologous gene copies: sequences from the same tetraploid individual plant are placed in both diploid clades.”
“Our study demonstrates use of in silico analysis in candidate gene identification as a way of reducing large-scale backcross breeding programmes.”
“All selected polymorphisms were verified by re-sequencing DNA taken from the mice used in the backcross.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘backcross’.
backache to backyard
words and phrases containing cross
Looking for tweets for backcross.