from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to express: inexpressible grief. See Synonyms at unspeakable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unable to be expressed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not capable of expression or utterance in language; ineffable; unspeakable; indescribable; unutterable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not expressible; incapable of being expressed; that cannot be uttered or represented in words; unspeakable; unutterable: as, inexpressible grief or joy.
- Synonyms Unspeakable, indescribable, ineffable.
- Trousers; “unmentionables.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. defying expression
Sorry, no etymologies found.