American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Impossible to calculate: a mass of incalculable figures.
- adj. Too great to be calculated or reckoned: incalculable wealth.
- adj. Impossible to foresee; unpredictable: "The motions of her mind were as incalculable as the flit of a bird” ( Edith Wharton).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not calculable; incapable of being calculated or reckoned; indeterminable by calculation.
- Not to be reckoned upon; that cannot be forecast.
- adj. not comparable Very great or numerous.
- adj. not comparable, mathematics Impossible to calculate.
- adj. comparable Of a person's mood or character, etc.: Impossible to predict.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not capable of being calculated; beyond calculation; very great.
- adj. not capable of being computed or enumerated
“Any stigma that results from disclosing risks so complex as to be incalculable is appropriate.”
“Its influence, though incalculable, is not in the slightest danger of being exaggerated.”
“The value of all this free promotion is incalculable, which is no doubt why so many Republicans are using politics as merely a way to cash in big time as nothing more than entertainers.”
“The amount of damage that this sort of thinking has had on gay people has been incalculable, which is exactly why so many gay people are find any religion so suspect.”
“THE number of sins a person may commit is well-nigh incalculable, which is only one way of saying that the malice of man has invented innumerable means of offending the Almighty -- a compliment to our ingenuity and the refinement of our natural perversity.”
“Roi Faineant, King Donothing; but with the strangest new Mayor of the Palace: no bow-legged Pepin now, but that same cloud-capt, fire-breathing Spectre of DEMOCRACY; incalculable, which is enveloping the world!”
“The impact of the bank's crash has been described as incalculable by some economists after governments around the world were forced to implement trillion-pound bailouts for their own banks caught up in the disaster.”
“VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Scores Die in El Salvador Floods'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'President Mauricio Funes has declared a national emergency, describing the damage as "incalculable".”
“President Mauricio Funes has declared a national emergency, describing the damage as 'incalculable'.”
“Creditors sought to slow the process, but New York Bankruptcy Judge James Peck said delaying a sale to Barclays PLC would cause "incalculable" harm to the global economy, thousands of Lehman employees and 630,000 customer accounts valued at $138 billion.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘incalculable’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
My list of words.
Looking for tweets for incalculable.