from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of seal.
- adj. Closed by a seal.
- adj. Preventing entrance.
- adj. Not subclassable; from which one cannot inherit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Certified or authenticated by seal.
- Closed by sealing, or by clasping or fastening securely as with a seal; hence, inaccessible; unknown.
- In textiles, same as nail-headed, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with a waterproof coating
- adj. having been paved
- adj. established irrevocably
- adj. determined irrevocably
- adj. undisclosed for the time being
- adj. closed or secured with or as if with a seal
- adj. (of walls) covered with a coat of plaster
Sorry, no etymologies found.