from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Widely encountered, used, or recognized: an accepted treatment for pneumonia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of accept.
- adj. Generally approved, believed, or recognized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Acceptable; chosen; appointed.
- In com., received or acknowledged as binding: often abbreviated to a. or A. See acceptance, 1 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. generally approved or compelling recognition
accept + -ed (Wiktionary)