from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Held in position, especially from below.
- adj. Furnished with corroborating evidence.
- adj. Helped or aided.
- adj. Having supporters.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of support.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, having another bearing of the same kind underneath.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. held up or having the weight borne especially from below
- adj. sustained or maintained by aid (as distinct from physical support)
Sorry, no etymologies found.