from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Twisted or strained out of shape.
- adj. Botany Twisted, bent, or partially rolled upon itself; convolute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of contort.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Twisted, or twisted together.
- adj. Twisted back upon itself, as some parts of plants.
- adj. Arranged so as to overlap each other.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Twisted; drawn awry; distorted; twisted on itself: in botany, usually the same as convolute, with reference to estivation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. twisted (especially as in pain or struggle)
Sorry, no etymologies found.