from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of a number of different kinds: assorted sizes. See Synonyms at miscellaneous.
- adj. Separated according to kind or class.
- adj. Suited or matched. Often used in combination: well-assorted accessories; an ill-assorted set of ski equipment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of assort.
- adj. Comprised of a number of different kinds or types; mixed; miscellaneous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Selected; culled.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of selected kinds; arranged in sorts or varieties.
- Matched; fitted; suited: as, a well-assorted pair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds
- adj. of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity
Sorry, no etymologies found.