from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not arising within the body; derived from another individual or species: a heterogenous bone transplant.
- adj. Variant of heterogeneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. derived from a different individual or species
- adj. Alternative spelling of heterogeneous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to heterogenesis; heterogenetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In biology, characterized by indirect development; with metamorphosis or alternation of generations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of elements that are not of the same kind or nature
- adj. originating outside the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.