from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Displaying or marked by a lack of consistency, especially:
- adj. Not regular or predictable; erratic: inconsistent behavior.
- adj. Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory: inconsistent statements.
- adj. Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible: an intersection inconsistent with the road map.
- adj. Mathematics Not solvable for the unknowns by the same set of values. Used of two or more equations or inequalities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not consistent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not consistent; showing inconsistency; irreconcilable; contradictory, or having contradictory implications; discordant; at variance, esp. as regards character, sentiment, or action; incompatible; incongruous.
- adj. Not exhibiting uniformity of sentiment, steadiness to principle, etc.; unequal; fickle; changeable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not consistent in conception or in fact; wanting coherence or agreement; discordant; discrepant.
- Lacking self-agreement or uniformity; self-contradicting.
- Synonyms Incongruous, etc. See incompatible. Contradictory. etc. See contrary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not in agreement
- adj. displaying a lack of consistency
- adj. not capable of being made consistent or harmonious
Sorry, no etymologies found.