American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not governed by reason: an unreasonable attitude.
- adj. Exceeding reasonable limits; immoderate: unreasonable demands. See Synonyms at excessive.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not reasonable or agreeable to reason; irrational.
- Exceeding the bounds of reason; beyond what is reasonable or moderate; exorbitant; immoderate: as, an unreasonable price.
- Not endowed with reason; irrational.
- Not listening to or acting according to reason; not guided by reason; not influenced by reason.
- Synonyms Absurd, Silly, Foolish, etc. (see absurd), obstinate, wrong-headed, extravagant, unfair, unjust, extortionate.
- adj. not reasonable
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not reasonable; irrational; immoderate; exorbitant.
- adj. not reasonable; not showing good judgment
- adj. beyond normal limits
“Because the term "unreasonable" is a little vague, the decision about these rate increases is regulated at the state level.”
“Democrat had proposed a 25 percent tax on what they called unreasonable profits raked in by the five biggest U.S. oil companies.”
“And that is this tax on what they call unreasonable profits from the oil companies.”
“His ex-wife Sadie Frost divorced Law in 2003 after six years of marriage for what she called unreasonable behavior.”
“She was ashamed afterward of what she called her unreasonable behavior.”
“The administration used its rate review authority once before, on a smaller scale, in an effort to stop what it described as an unreasonable rate increase of 12 percent by the Everence Insurance Company in Pennsylvania.”
“University of Minnesota President Robert Bruininks said the school will definitely appeal what he calls the unreasonable ruling on the lawsuit in which basketball coach”
“The girls' lawyers argued that the district was obligated to justify the extra punishment, which they called unreasonable and unnecessarily harmful to the girls.”
“So an Executive Order freezing premium increases until insurers have justified increases deemed unreasonable is necessary to implement the express requirements of the federal law.”
“Better hope that there's nothin 'unreasonable in them!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unreasonable’.
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
Looking for tweets for unreasonable.