from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm, especially in politics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who holds extreme views, especially one who advocates such views; a radical or fanatic
- adj. holding extreme views, especially on a political subject
- adj. of, or relating to extremism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A supporter of extreme doctrines or practice; one who holds extreme opinions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who goes to extremes; a supporter of extreme doctrines or practice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of opinions and actions) far beyond the norm
- n. a person who holds extreme views
Sorry, no etymologies found.