from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who makes or supports progress; a progressionist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes, or holds to, progress; a progressionist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who holds to a belief in progress; a progressionist.
- n. Specifically [capitalized] — In mod. Span. hist., a member of a political party holding advanced liberal views. The Progressists and Moderados were the two parties into which the Christinos (adherents of the queen regent Christina) separated about 1835.
- n. A member of a liberal political party in Germany (Fortschrittspartei). formed in 1861. From it was formed, a few years later, the National Liberal party. The remnant in 1884 united with the Liberal Union to form the German Liberal party (Deutsch-Freisin-nige).
progress + -ist (Wiktionary)