from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An advocate of socialism.
- n. A member of a political party or group that advocates socialism.
- adj. Of, promoting, or practicing socialism.
- adj. Of, belonging to, or constituting a socialist party or political group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, promoting, practicing, or characteristic of socialism.
- n. One who practices or advocates socialism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who advocates or practices the doctrines of socialism.
- adj. Pertaining to, or of the nature of, socialism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who advocates socialism.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of socialism or its advocates; relating to or favoring socialism: as, a socialist writer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. advocating or following the socialist principles
- n. a political advocate of socialism
Sorry, no etymologies found.