from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supporter of capitalism.
- n. An investor of capital in business, especially one having a major financial interest in an important enterprise.
- n. A person of great wealth.
- adj. Capitalistic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, capitalism.
- adj. Supporting or endorsing capitalism.
- n. A person who is a supporter of capitalism (Wikipedia).
- n. An owner of (considerable amount of) capital (Wikipedia).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has capital; one who has money for investment, or money invested; esp. a person of large property, which is employed in business.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has capital; especially, a man of large property which is or may be employed in business.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to capitalism or capitalists
- adj. favoring or practicing capitalism
- n. a conservative advocate of capitalism
- n. a person who invests capital in a business (especially a large business)
Sorry, no etymologies found.