from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to collectivism
- n. an advocate of collectivism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An advocate of collectivism.
- adj. Relating to, characteristic of, or advocating, collectivism.
- adj. operating under collectivist principles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [⟨ collective + -ist; = French collectiviste.] A believer in the principle of collectivism; especially, one who holds that the materials of production, as the soil, should belong to the people at large.
- Believing in the principle of collectivism.
- Pertaining to or of the nature of collectivism; founded on the principle of collectivism.
- Relating or belonging to the collectivists: as, a collectivist writer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who belongs to the political left
- adj. subscribing to the socialistic doctrine of ownership by the people collectively
Sorry, no etymologies found.