from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That undulates, or that causes undulations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moving in the manner of undulations, or waves; resembling the motion of waves, which successively rise or swell rise or swell and fall; pertaining to a propagated alternating motion, similar to that of waves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of an undulation; moving in or marked by undulations; undulating: as, an undulatory current of electricity; the undulatory motion of water, of air, or other fluid.
- Having the form or appearance of a series of waves.
- Of or pertaining to undulation; assuming undulating movements of some medium as the physical explanation of some class or group of phenomena: as, the undulatory theory of light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling waves in form or outline or motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.