from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to nationalism.
- n. An advocate of nationalism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who advocates national unity and independence; -- as, for example, one of a party favoring Irish independence before 1918.
- n. One who advocates nationalism, in any sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In theology, one who holds to the divine election of entire nations as distinguished from that of particular individuals.
- n. A member of a Jewish political party in the time of Christ; a zealot.
- n. A supporter of Irish nationalism.
- Of or pertaining to nationalists; advocating or upholding nationalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who loves and defends his or her country
- n. an advocate of national independence of or a strong national government
- adj. devotion to the interests or culture of a particular nation including promoting the interests of one country over those of others
national + -ist (Wiktionary)