from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling, expressing, or inspired by love for one's country.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inspired by patriotism; actuated by love of one's country; zealously and unselfishly devoted to the service of one's country; as, a patriotic statesman, vigilance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inspired by patriotism; actuated by love of one's country; zealously and unselfishly devoted to the service of one's country.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of patriotism; actuated by the love of country.
- Inspired by the love of one's country; directed to the public safety and welfare.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inspired by love for your country
From the Late Latin patriōticus, from the Ancient Greek πατριωτικός (patriōtikos), from πατριώτης (patriōtēs); compare the French patriotique. (Wiktionary)