American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Showing foolishness or stupidity.
- adj. Exhibiting idiocy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Uncultured; plain; simple. See extract under idiotical.
- Pertaining to or resembling an idiot; afflicted with idiocy; having the quality of idiocy; very foolish; stupid.
- adj. Pertaining to or resembling an idiot; afflicted with idiocy.
- adj. Having the quality of idiocy; very foolish; stupid; nonsensical.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. obsolete Common; simple.
- adj. Pertaining to, or like, an idiot; characterized by idiocy; foolish; fatuous.
- adj. having a mental age of three to seven years
- adj. incongruous;inviting ridicule
- adj. insanely irresponsible
- idiot + -ic (Wiktionary)
“Is that what you call the idiotic gossip you report about?”
“Both protested against what they called my idiotic kindness, but their protests were half-hearted.”
“Within the week I had repented of what I termed my idiotic quixotism, and for precisely nine days after that I cursed my folly.”
“David Denby, the critic from the New Yorker, announced that his review of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" would be published in the coming week's issue, a full eight days before the embargo date to which critics belonging to the New York Film Critics Circle agreed to hold their verdicts. letter to Rudin, Denby largely blamed both the studio's schedule -- "Grown-ups are ignored for much of the year, cast out like downsized workers, and then given eight good movies all at once in the last five weeks of the year," he wrote -- and his magazine's double issue conflict with the NYFCC's moved up awards voting schedule this year, which he called "idiotic" and said he "furiously opposed.”
“As for the suggestion of not using any (or live) bait for fishing, that's just plain idiotic and ridiculous.”
“Reggie the only source he could possibly have for something so stupid and obviously wrong and idiotic is his lower torso”
“Personally Dick being Batman is just plain idiotic, and boring.”
“Yet any Democrat anywhere who says or does something idiotic is immediately cited by you as a leading liberal thinker.”
“All those simplistic or plain idiotic measures seem to come from people who never taught.”
“Second, the point you now allege to make is idiotic from the get go.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘idiotic’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
List for old and new terms and phrases meaning crazy, nuts, batty, prone to extreme nervousness, etc.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Marvelous words that appeal to the mind of an crazy teenager!
Looking for tweets for idiotic.