from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of sap; juicy.
- adj. Slang Excessively sentimental; mawkish.
- adj. Slang Silly or foolish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Excessively sweet, emotional, nostalgic; cheesy; mushy. (British equivalent: soppy)
- adj. Having sap or having to do with sap.
- adj. musty; tainted
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with sap; full of sap; juicy; succulent.
- adj. Hence, young, not firm; weak, feeble.
- adj. Weak in intellect.
- adj. Abounding in sap; resembling, or consisting largely of, sapwood.
- adj. Musty; tainted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with sap; juicy; succulent.
- Not firm; weak; foolish; silly; sap-headed.
- Softened by putrefaction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. ludicrous, foolish
- adj. abounding in sap
Compare Latin sapere to taste. (Wiktionary)