from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Remaining sound, entire, or uninjured; not impaired in any way.
- adj. Having all physical parts, especially:
- adj. Having the hymen unbroken.
- adj. Not castrated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Untouched, especially by anything that harms, defiles, or the like; uninjured; whole; undefiled; left complete or entire; not damaged.
- adj. Uncircumcised; commonly used to describe a penis with a foreskin in intactivism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Untouched, especially by anything that harms, defiles, or the like; uninjured; undefiled; left complete or entire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Untouched, especially by anything that harms or defiles; uninjured; left complete, whole, or unimpaired.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of domestic animals) sexually competent
- adj. (of a woman) having the hymen unbroken
- adj. constituting the undiminished entirety; lacking nothing essential especially not damaged
- adj. undamaged in any way
Middle English, from Latin intāctus : in-, not; see in-1 + tāctus, past participle of tangere, to touch; see tag- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)