American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Full of juice; succulent.
- adj. Richly interesting: a juicy mystery novel.
- adj. Racy; titillating: a juicy bit of gossip.
- adj. Yielding profit; rewarding or gratifying: a juicy raise; a juicy part in a play.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with juice; moist; succulent.
- In oil-painting, a word used to express a brilliant liquid quality of technic.
- adj. having lots of juice
- adj. of a story, etc. exciting, interesting, or enticing
- adj. etc. strong, painful
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. A bounding with juice; succulent.
- adj. colloq. Very profitable, or presenting the prospect of much profit.
- adj. Very interesting, especially due to scandalous or salacious nature; -- of information.
- adj. full of juice
- adj. having strong sexual appeal
- adj. suggestive of sexual impropriety
- adj. lucrative.
- juice + -y (Wiktionary)
“This is digusting and only serves to keep CNN and the news agencies in juicy trash talk which they are so good at creating.”
“I use a combination of beef and pork, which results in juicy, flavorful sausages.”
“Din Tai Fung is a chain from Taiwan that is well know for the Xiao Long Bao dumplings XLB or in English, juicy pork dumpling.”
“Hand-rolled skins contain juicy lamb patties flavored with herbs.”
“What makes the whole scenario juicy is no one seems to know even how high a team needs to climb to land DiPietro and at what price.”
“I may not be able to use them for certain juicy or oily foods; but que sera.”
“Odd smells, menstrual remnants, and "sharts" are the requisite spice sorely missed from today's so-called "juicy parts.”
“You may not be able to break a juicy story ( "britney shaves head-again!") but you can pontificate on it ( "inside britney's shaved head").”
“Piggyback. You may not be able to break a juicy story (" britney shaves head—again!")”
“Something new for the my space, face book crowd, a new social cyber college kid will say anything about anyone, the meaner the better in fact and it is all anonymous, it is called juicy campus.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘juicy’.
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
A list created for TRM, because there are certain words that we just kind of hate.
Words that are fun to say....
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
We asked attendees who visited the Wordnik booth what their favorite words were, and these are what they told us. (AWP is an annual conference for writers and those in the writing world.)
Looking for tweets for juicy.