from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Easily read; legible: a readable typeface.
- adj. Pleasurable or interesting to read: a readable story.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. legible, possible to read or at least decipher
- adj. which can be read, i.e. accessed or played, by a certain technical type of device
- adj. enjoyable to read, of an acceptable stylistic quality or at least functionally composed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Such as can be read; legible; fit or suitable to be read; worth reading; interesting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being read; legible.
- Of sufficient interest to be read; worth reading; easy or interesting to read: as, a readable story.
- Enabling to read; capable of being read by.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. easily deciphered
Here is The Post's Jonathan Yardley's review of "Decision Points," which he called readable but flat.
The logo has to be big enough to be readable from a distance (10-15 feet, say).
A first step has been to develop, with the help of technology firm Lockheed Martin, an electronic system that will allow preservation of the documents in readable form long into the future, no matter how many new generations of software are introduced in the years ahead.
I decided if I ever find a man desperate enough to want to marry me, instead of an expensive ring, I was an inexpensive ring and all 60 editions of AH&TTI in readable condiction.
If you have access to the hard drive, you have access to all of the data on it in readable format.
No matter how perfect the title, it has to fit on the cover of the book, and preferably in a type size large enough to be readable from a distance.
Anonymous, The only thing easily readable is the caliber.
Unleashed a huge smear campaign, but now they have bush – a man who gets a cookie for signing his name in readable hand writing – and are desperate to keep him in.
Make your meta description and title readable and meaningful, and avoid over-stuffing them with key words.
I've never written fiction, or anything that one might call readable for that matter, so, as a past author, I couldn't really say whether this is largely true though.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.