from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Precisely meaningful; forceful and brief: a pithy comment.
- adj. Consisting of or resembling pith.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Concise and meaningful.
- adj. Of, like, or abounding in pith.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting wholly, or in part, of pith; abounding in pith
- adj. Having nervous energy; forceful; cogent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of or full of pith; containing or abounding with pith: as, a pithy stem; a pithy substance.
- Full of pith or force; forcible; containing much in a concentrated or dense form; of style, sententious: as, a pithy saying or expression.
- Given to the use of pithy or forcible expressions.
- Synonyms and Terse, laconic, concise, pointed, sententious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concise and full of meaning
pith + -y (Wiktionary)